and having fun.”
~Mary Lou Cook~
Here are the latest 4×4’s I have finished. I’m up to 112 now :)
I felt like I needed to do something else to this first set. I couldn’t think what, so, I’m letting them stand as they are. It’s acrylic paint on Bristol paper. This set numbers 101-104:
I glued down very small squares on a painted background for this next set. I used some scraps from painted papers and other collage scraps. This set numbers 105-108:
I used acrylic paint, collage pieces, black Stabilo pencil, and a handmade stencil on this set. I like the combination of red and raw umber. This set numbers 109-112:
I am painting an old chest to put back into our newly refurbished bedroom. It measures a little over five feet long. My husband remembers it being around when he was very young. I decided to paint this because I looked for a new one but couldn’t find anything as well made as this old piece. It had a few dings and the veneer peeled off in a few areas. I filled those with wood filler and sanded it down. It’s a work in progress:
This is the first coat of Kilz 2. The drawer fronts are all “Kilzed” too. I plan to glue (Mod Podge) some old maps on each end. The dresser will be painted 21st Century Blue semi-gloss by Valspar. My next decision to make about this project is: do I keep the old drawer pulls or find something more modern. Since I am a big believer in using what you have and recycling, I’m thinking I’ll just go with the old pulls and spray paint them with sort of faux metal paint.
Here are the bedroom colors:
The accent wall color is the wall behind our bed. It’s actually a Behr color(Solar Flare) but all our paint is from our local building supply store and they carry Valspar paints. I took a chance when I picked the orange color for that wall but we both really love it! We used the Valspar Medallion paint and primer all in one. It covered the walls with one coat. When I get everything back in place, I’ll post some photos of the room.
That’s all for now…