duct(duck) tape wars…

I have been working on painting some file folders and old book pages for a new journal. I finished it yesterday…it’s ready for further embellishment.  I made four signatures and sewed each one together pamphlet style (lots of You Tube videos showing how to do that).  Then, I attached the signatures together with duct tape.  The front and back covers were also attached with duct tape.  Then I put some more on to cover the spine of the journal.  I will show more of the book as I work in it.  I haven’t finished the front cover yet but here are two photos showing where I attached two signatures together and also the back cover.  I believe in the holding power of duct tape now 🙂



I have two doodle books I made for Diane Culhane’s class some time back. Those were fun to do.






Here’s the other book:




Hopefully, I’ll be back soon with lots of completed journals spreads

4 thoughts on “duct(duck) tape wars…

  1. Janet July 2, 2015 / 5:11 pm

    I like all your journals. Nice job on the duct tape ones. I hope yours do better than mine did. I used duct tape a few times on and in journals and it never seems to stick for very long. Not sure why…maybe it’s the heat we have here.


  2. Carrie Lynn July 3, 2015 / 1:42 am

    Your journals and doodles are wonderful. Maybe one day I might try doing one for me.


  3. ~*~Patty Szymkowicz Magpie's Nest July 10, 2015 / 1:30 pm

    Exciting to be creating a new journal with your beautiful pages.
    There certainly are some great duct tapes available…who knew it would be such a great art supply too 🙂
    Your doodle books are super too Mary!
    Wishing you and yours a great weekend.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s