It’s been awhile since I’ve been here…about a month.
I did get a new sewing machine….Janome Magnolia 7330. It is computerized but I’m finding it easy to figure out and I write down the combination stitch length and width, etc…so, that I don’t have to think about it next time I want that particular stitch. I researched for days…read reviews, and this one is the machine that seemed to be calling out to me :) I went to a local sewing machine store to buy it. Well, local for us is an hour away. Anyway….so far…..I love it!
I’ve been working on my vintage materials quilt….I have used old linens, old hankies and other old vintage fabrics. Sometimes, I did have to use some new fabrics and laces. I’m about ready to sew it together….I have one more block to complete and I’m calling it finished! I have four blocks to show here…I’m disappointed in my camera…the quality of the photos just do not seem the same to me as those taken with the old camera.
This first block is mostly all vintage….I did embroidery the “Don’t Bug Me” piece:
This block features a screen printing my granddaughter gave me:
This block is kind of wonky but I like it:
I’m still working on this last one: